Saturday, March 17, 2007

Not even afraid of jinxing it

Don't ask me how it happened; I don't know.

But I'm writing again.

Not just thinking about writing. Not simply plotting. Not only brainstorming --- actually fingers-to-the- keyboard "gettin' it done" kind of writing.

The story is one of the several that have been dancing in my head these few years. Only, I'd always, as with others, had serious plot problems and character weaknesses -- lack of motivation, difficulty with POV etc. Whatever happened this week, most of the issues have been resolved. Those that haven't, well, they can be dealt with on the next draft.

While I don't see myself speeding through this like lightning, I figure when I am able to sit, I go about six to eight pages per day. If I expect that every second day (because the odds of getting near the computer more than that are too low to consider) then June is my target for the first draft.

I can deal with that because it seems almost . . . tangible.

All I need now is to turn of the stupid 'edit-as-I-go' mode that so often infiltrates my brain.

Happy St. Paddy's!

No comments: